Friday, June 11, 2010

Blog #1 Residential Life with Summer Scholars

I really didn't know what to expect when i arrived at Scott Residence hall. The RTAs were waiting for us at the table asking us our names as they gave us our keys to the rooms. As i walked down the hallway to my room, i started to see some people here and there. I finally got into my room where I sat down and realized that i would be staying here for a week. The rooms looked very nice, and i had to make it feel like my home so i would feel comfortable. The time came when we had to load the bus and head on a 45 minute trip to Ashland NE, where we would be doing high and low rope courses.

When we arrived, it look like a vast landscape with farms, animals and a random lake in the middle. As we walked in and around the forests, a high rope obstacle course was revealed. We got into our harness and headed up to start our adventure 50 feet in the air. We did so many fun activities there and i had so much fun, i got the chance to feel more comfortable with people that i didn't know. As we headed back to our dorms at the end of the day, i met many more people on the bus ride back.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner were really delicious. I had the chance to meet an RTA, his name was Koua. I could relate to him because he plans on graduating with a medical degree just like me. I did have lots of fun the whole week we spent there, all the activities and games we did were so much fun and we all got a chance to feel comfortable to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment